Windows Media Center & decent multimedia speakers

Username: Aarondahl

Post Number: 9
Does anyone know if I can use a computer running XP Media Center to deliver half-way decent sound assuming I buy the best multimedia speakers I could find? There are few displays in stores where you can properly experience multimedia speakers - has anyone switched from traditional receiver and surround speakers to just a computer with multimedia speakers as their receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1195
I can't believe I am saying this, but the Bose Media Mates are great for the Media Center.

....runs...ducks...hides....

PaulMadisonWI
Unregistered guest
I have had a problem with a humming noise in my speakers as well. I wanted to use my computer speakers for the sound from my tv. So, I plugged RCA cables into the Audio Out of the tv. That cable then went down to a 3.5mm audio plug, which I plugged into the "line in" on my soundcard. It works fine, but there is a somewhat loud humming in the speakers from that signal. The humming continues even when the tv is off. I think I need shielded cables, but I'm not sure. What could cause the interference - the computer end of the cable or the tv end of the cable? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1489
Actually it is probably just the cable. You need some shielded cables, those 3.5 plugs are very prone to interference. You must be running some long lines, try to shorten it as much as you can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us