Noise during play "old" songs...

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi All,

I own Nad T773 receiver with Snell speakers and lately, I have noticed that with some old songs that I play with my DVD (pioneer), there is a "hiss" noise only during the songs, once the songs over, there is no noise. This noise is just when the songs is playeing -- nothing during the end of the song or when there is no songs play. I have talked with the dealer and audit more receivers and it has the same phenomena. Is that a normal "noise" for old records?

Thanks for your help, Daniel

Scott C
Unregistered guest
I can not seem to put my hands on a CD with this information right now, but when Cd's were first introduced, they came with a message printed on the back label to the following effect: While the CD is a digital product, the source material is often analog. The digital process faithfully reproduces everything that was in the original recording including, if present, tape hiss.
I recently rented the Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" DVD which chronicled the making of their best selling album from back in the 70's. The album was recorded onto a master tape and final processing was started. On this particular project, they spent so much time and replayed the tape so many times, that they degraded the tape and lost much of the top end frequencies. As a result, it was necessary to use a second generation back-up tape to complete production of the album.
Those were the weaknesses of sound recording in years past. Todays advances in sound reproduction are simply bringing out the shortcomings that have been there all along but were not noticeable on the equipment of the day.
Don't worry. The silence between tracks tells you that all is well with your system.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Scott, Tkanks a lot, as I am reading in this web site on all of the problems with new receivers and hiss noise, I started to think that there is something wrong with my system...

Daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us