Surround Sound Compatability

JPeterson
Unregistered guest
hi,

I have Sigmatel STAC 9750 integrated sound card in my laptop. the only available outputs are spdif and headphone. From reading this whole thread it seems i will not be having 5.1 in my games like some others w/ this current setup.

My other option now is to purchase another card, I'm considering the Audigy 2NX. I see it has spdif/rear/front/center outs. Which is good except for one thing. I have a Bose theatre system and the satelite speakers require being hooked upto the bass module, its some sort of propritary thing it seems.

Does anyone have experience w/ bose speakers? I would very much like to purchase a receiver to go w/ the center/front/rear outs of this new Sound card, though i'm unsure i can plug in the speakers individually to it(the receiver).

Now heres another thought about avoiding purchasing a receiver. The bose receiver is not a true one, but it does allow external rca cables for Aux/Tape/Video/etc. It has only 2 slots for each. Left speaker and Right speaker(even tho its a 6 speaker system*shrug*). So i'm wondering if its possible to maintain surround sound using the Center/Front/Rear out from this new Audigy2NX to the Left and Right channel that this Bose system allows. Would the spdif also play a part in this, i could use that as well if so(though i'm thinking they are separate entities, analog/digital)?

I have no problem purchasing new PC/Audio hardware(Audigy2NX/receiver), but I must use these bose speakers..somehow.

any ideas?

-frodo

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 478
Really? It would be so easy if you would get rid of those Boses.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us