No subwoofer output on Onkyo TX-NR900

Username: Tjaltz

Post Number: 2
I'm new to this forum and need some help in understanding some new equipment I recently purchased. I have a Pioneer DV-578-A-S DVD/CD player, connected to an Onkyo TX-NR900 receiver. The DVD player is connected to the reciever with a six connection multi-channel output as well as a the DVD's optical output. On the Onkyo receiver, when I select the DVD as the source, I have the ability to switch between audio modes (analog, digital/coax or multi channel). When I play an SACD, the unit has no subwoofer output, and will not allow me to change my audio source from multi-channel. When I play a non SACD disc, such as a DVD or Audio CD, and select the multi channel source, there is no subwoofer output. If I select a different source, such as the optical, it sounds nornal. If I play the SACD in a standard (older) CD player, it has normal subwoofer output. The SACD I'm playing (John Coltrane) is marked as a "Hybrid" to play on both CD and SACD players. I think the units are connected correctly, and I have selected the the 5.1 output in the DVD's setup. Any help that you can offer is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1123
make sure sub output is turned on in the dvd player
for multi channel.

and not all sacd/dvd-a's have a subwoofer track.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us