Onkyo 601 intermittent buzz

Username: Jaredddick

Post Number: 2
Purchased new Onkyo 601 about 4 months ago and today started having a bit of a problem with it. When I turned it on to listen to some music I noticed a buzz coming from my sub. I then switched from PLII to direct and back and the sound went away. After a few minutes, though, the sound came back then went away again. So now when I have my receiver on I will occasionally get a buzz over the sub that last for a second or two then goes back off. As you could imagine this is very annoying. I have also noticed as I adjust the volume a popping noise can be heard over the speakers. Again, I had not noticed this before today. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1122
to be honest with you it sounds like your reciever
has just recently malfuntioned and will need to be looked at.

have you tried disconecting the sub from the system
and try it again?

Post Number: 3
Yep, tried to disconnect and reconnect. Also, today I put the receiver on mute and the sub was still buzzing. Not sure if that helps pinpoint the problem or not...

Post Number: 4
More info... Somehow, sound is bleeding over from one input to another. For example, when I switch the receiver over to DVD and turn it all the way up, I can hear audio from the Video 1 connection. Also, discovered the buzzing was somehow bleeding over from my computer digital in connection.

Guess I will have to take it in to get it looked at this weekend...

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 456
It's still under warrantee so take it to the store you got it from.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us