Harman Kardon 7200 or Onkyo 900

HKFAN
Hi, I just had a question, I want to buy a new reciever and am looking at either the harman kardon avr 7200 or the onkyo tx-nr900. I am wondering what would be better? I currently use mission M5c center, JBL S310II fronts, M7c rear center, and M5DS fronts. What about elitefan, denonfan, or hawk. I want to upgrade my fronts and sub. Oh my sub is an 8 inch energy sub. My room is about 20'X18'.

elitefan
First of all decide on what speakers you want to upgrade to. All 3 fronts should be from the same brand and my choice would be Monitor Audio Silver series with the H/K 7200. If you can't afford the Silver's listen to their Bronze series. The H/K 7200 would be a perfect match for the Monitor's. It has great power reserves and a very nice warm sonic quality which balances the Monitor's sonic characteristics. I have seen somewhere here that the 7200 can be had for $899 but I can't remember where. Sorry. For me the only downside on the 7200 and all H/K's is their limited input package. Only 6 inputs where the Onkyo 900 has 9. The Onkyo is a nice unit but the H/K has a much more powerful power supply and it's priced right as it's a closeout model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us