Plz help

Username: Janasgirl

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Yamaha HTR-5760 with Bose speakers. I can't get my Dvd recorder or my VCR to even work. I've never had a Home Theatre System before...plz help

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1101
the best thing to do is read both manuals quite well.

then ask more specific questions with as much detail
as possable.

i'm sure if you do that someone can help.

Post Number: 2
Sorry about that..was half asleep when writing post. I did get it all working this morning. Thank you for responding. I just now need to figure out where I'm going to put the speakers. It says to put them on tv or use stands. Does it sound different to have them on tv or on stands farther apart?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 282
Angela: welcome to the forum. If they are refering to your left, right, and center speakers, positioning is everything. :-)

Very generally speaking you'll want the left and right speakers to be parallel to the ends of your listening area and perhaps. This means that if your primary viewing position is on a couch, then front left and right speakers should be as far apart as the width of the couch. (I hope this is making sense.)

For the center channel speaker, this usually goes on top of the television. You want this centered to where the center of the viewing position is.

Please note, that your owner's manual of your receiver should have suggested placement of the speakers. It should include pictures. For the best imaging speaker placement is important. You may have to move things around until you find that sweet spot (where stereo imaging is near perfect in your center seating position).

I hope that helps.

Post Number: 8
ty very much. It made perfect sense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us