Epos Els-3 vs Paradigm Titan or Mini monitors

Bronze Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 66
And any other 200-400 dollar speaker. Epos look really good for under $300. I have Titans - they are decent. Mini monitors are sgnificantly better than Titans I hear for under $400. Excellent treble, better midrange and deeper bass. I hear NHT Super ones are very good as well.

Any other entries one should look at?

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 167
I believe the Paradigm MICROS in the Performance range, were recently discontinued; but there is still some stock at dealers. The Mini Monitor in the Monitor line is good, but lack deep bass and a convincing soundstage. The Titans are stubborn and unreavealing in the midrange and have the noisest cabinets I've ever encountered. I traded my Titans up after 2 month to FOCUS. The Epos get good reviews, and the Monitor Audio Bronze B4 gets good marks; but I recommend a listen to the MAudio PRIOR to accepting the accolades as positive proof. NHT;s in a shop with Wire World cables attached were quite impressive if you like BLACK piano finish.

Bronze Member

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 67
Maybe I should stop reading about speakers for a while. I am getting obsessed.

I got the Titans a few years ago and they sounded better in the bass than the Atoms, and close to the more expensive Paradigms - except for the bass in some of the larger more expensive models. So, by my ear, I came home happy. I must have heard the Focus - it is the next step up - but you say it is much better??!! Better than the mini-monitors?

Now I hear you, Chicobiker, say the Titans sounded poor to you. It unnerves me! Oh no! Do I need to get rid of them? Can I use them as surrounds/back speakers? Should I get mini-monitors? Or am I missing out by not buying Epos or NHT super ones? Now you rightfully throw MAudio Bronze in my mix!!!

Maybe a Paradigm center this year and mini monitors or Focus next year is about as good as anything else I can afford. Maybe this is not life or death - or even anything I am going to notice long term. ????? !!!!!

I guess I need to audition them and make an informed choice and get on with my life. :-)

How much did the focus pair go for? Some people really like the mini-monitors - but the focus is probably better.

The NHTs lack bass but otherwise are top notch I hear. I wonder if my sub would make up the difference? The Epos are almost as good in high and mid range as the NHT Super Ones but better bass like the Paradigms have (I hear).

Decisions decisions!

Bronze Member

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 68
Damn

The Super Ones replacement - the NHT SB-2 seem perfect for the price.

Why buy anything else in that price range?

Am I imagining a great difference between them and my Paradigm Titans or Mini-monitors? (It may be hard to compare them as Paradigms are only at one store in my area and I think that store doesn't carry NHT).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us