Two pairs of front speakers ... bad idea?

Username: Jscott_99

Post Number: 3
I have a pair of three-way, AR TSW-510 speakers that I really like and I have a chance to buy some smaller two-way AR TSW-210s. The tweeters are likely the very same tweeters, and the woofers are the same size woofers. I am considering connecting this new pair to the same amp and placing the smaller speakers on top of the larger ones. Would that result in better sound or worse sound? The sonic characteristics should be similar. The smaller speakers are less sensitive (by 3 db), and they only go down to about 50 hz, but my larger ones are only getting above about that frequency after the signal passes through my subwoofer. Any suggestions or ideas? I don't want to pass up the chance to get the smaller speakers, especially since they might be good for parts, if nothing else, or a different room (I really like them).

My amp (yamaha mx-630) will have no problems driving both pairs. The large pair is 4 ohms and the small pair is 8.

Bronze Member
Username: Elite

Post Number: 45
I use two pair of front speakers but have one set up on the A channel and the other on the B channel of the amp. both are awsome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us