Paradigm Studio 20s or NHT SB3 with Denon?

tosha
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what might be a better match with my Denon receiver? It is 80% music (classic rock/jazz/etc.) and 20% movies in a small/medium room.

I'm just concern that the NHT might be too bright with Denon, but I'm not sure. I can't buy both to compare them.

Thank you.

duddly
Unregistered guest
I say the Paradigm Studio 20s

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 12
I listened to the NHT SB3's on a Sony ES and they did not sound bright to me. They are great sounding speakers but I preferred the studio 20's which I went with.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 546
With Denon the Studio 20 is the better choice. A warmer, fuller sounding speaker goes best with the Denon thin, detailed sound. Which Denon do you have. I had a 2802[liked it] and a 3803[really,really hated it].

Anonymous

Thank you for everybody's comments/suggestions. I was lucky enough to borrow my mate's NHT SB3, brought it in the store (couldn't bring home the Studio 20s), and did a comparison with the Studio 20s. It was matched up with Denon 3805.

I like the sound of the Studio 20s when it came to music. Since, my mix is 80%music 20%movies, I decided on the Paradigm Studio 20s.

As for upgrading the receiver, I'm pretty happy with my Denon 1804 for now so I might use the $$ for stands/rack.

Once again, thank you for everybody's comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us