PSB Image 4T/5T - Fussy about placement?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 28
I have pretty much narrowed it doown to either the 4T or 5T. My room however, does not allow these speakers to move much, so I really need a speaker that dosen't care much about proximity to back wall, toe-in etc.

I'm also looking at the Acoustic Energy Evo 3's. What Hi-Fi has consistently given these speakers high marks, and they are known for not being fussy about placement. Not much about these on this site. Anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 134
I have heard the AE Evo 3' briefly with a budget NAD stereo and they sound very good for the money. I am considering a set for my NAD gear aswell as a few others as I'll be donating my little Mission's to my brothers uni. setup. Good levels of detail and lots of bass (they go quite low). I would suggest you try and get an audition preferably with your equipment. Not sure about how fussy they are about placement though and how they compare sonically with the PSB's.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 15
I've had a pair of 4T's and will say that they need a little room to breath. Depending on room size, I really wouldn't get much closer than a foot or foot and a half from the rear wall. They put out a lot of bass for a small speaker (the 5's even more).

It will also depend on what you're driving them with.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 29
I'll be driving them with a NAD 753.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 18
Hey Rob, the NAD seems like a nice match to any of the speakers that you're looking at. I guess if you can demo the speakers, try moving them around a little to see if things change drastically or not, and compare the size of the demo room to yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us