Paradigm Monitor 5 v3 - placement, bi-wire, pic

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 166
In the first 1/2 hour of use, these speakers were EDGY - on retrospect. I pumped some power through them and they calmed down, sonically. I'm quite surprised at how FUSSY they are in placement, toe-in, line-up and wall proximity. A few accidentally unfavourable random positionings yielded very poor results. In fact, I'd of passed on them as a potential purchase if I'd heard them like that and I liked them during audition.
Then in moving them around, one of the sets of cables came undone, due to undertightened binding post. I was astonished at how the speaker instantly became 'tonally thin'. These are very neutral, but have good depth, but I wouldn't consider not bi-wiring them UNLESS I had some really good single cable. One single placement attempt, and they all of a sudden got super coherent - wild.
I have an additional pic in the AV/Cables section. Now that I have moved them around, they really are superb, and I hear why the audio mags praise them, and I wrote my first review too soon. They are more neutral and show more depth than I first realized, but are really quite good.Upload

randy y.
Unregistered guest
Monitor 5 v3's rock.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us