MARANTZ SR7300 ose HELP!

Username: Markyb

Post Number: 1
I JUST PURCHASED A MARANTZ SR7300 OSE SIMPLY BECAUSE MY FRIEND BOUGHT ONE AND SAID IT WAS GREAT AND AT A GOOD PRICE. DUH! WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE. I AM TECHLESS AND SPACE IS A CONSIDERATION I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT MY MUSIC TO HT RATIO WOULD BE. I'VE BEEN LOOKING ON LINE AND THE MAGNEPANS MMG W AND MMG C SEEM VERY INTERESTING DUE TO WALL MOUNTING AND PRICE. I WOULD CONSIDER THE MCI AND CC3 IF IT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO BUT WOULD PUT A STRAIN ON THE BUDGET. I KNOW I WILL NEED A SUBWOOFER. DO I HAVE ENOUGH POWER FOR THE MAGS? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS MARK

Username: Chuck_m

Cincinnati

Post Number: 4
Mark -

I think you will be very happy with the 7300 - a fine receiver.

Yes it has the power to drive the Maggies, but I would caution you about issues with bass response and speaker placement.

I don't have firsthand knowledge, but Maggies seem to be finicky about placement & room acoustics, with a small sweet spot for best sound.

And it's well-known that simple planars don't have much low end. Simply handled with a subwoofer, but be aware of that necessity.

Personal recommendations for speakers - Axiom (which I have), Monitor Audio (a few more bucks) and Athena (a few less).

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 140
I don't think Marantz recommend 4ohm impendance loads for their receivers. Mine clearly states on the rear panel 6ohm as the maximum load. Also I've read Magnepan are reluctant to even sell you their speakers unless your amp can drive a 4ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us