Clapton - Better than DVD-A

Unregistered guest
Saw Clapton last week, live on stage. The man can still cut an axe. Suggest you forego a handful of dvd-a's and catch the legend live while he is still touring.

As I've always missed the Stones, at least I got to see one legend in my lifetime.

Off topic? Who cares. Suggest you see the Legend while you can.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Saw the three day crossroads festival in Dallas and have it on tape. Clapton is God!

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New york Usa

Post Number: 362
I have followed Mr. Claptons career as far back as the Yardbirds. Have had the pleasure of seeing him live several times as far back with Cream. A true living legend musician.

Unregistered guest
Yep. In the '60's, the grafitti mysteriously popped up in London, "Clapton is God." Who'd a thunk the crazy Brits had the foresight?

Pretty amazing, really, http://www.whereseric.com/clapton/tour/2004/10_july_2004_gund_arena_cleveland.ht m

Who were you sleeping with to get a tape of Crossroads festival? What a guitar bash that must have been.

At least I was lucky enough to see him only once.
That voice and guitar timbre...

Bronze Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 33
Ay. Just saw him once too, on the European leg of Reptile tour. Would you believe it, a man at his age just plays and sings better and better...

So then, would you still recommend any of his DVD-A as surrogate between tours?

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 197
"Yep. In the '60's, the grafitti mysteriously popped up in London, "Clapton is God." Who'd a thunk the crazy Brits had the foresight?"

And at B.B. King's in NYC the last couple years, "Clapton is God(frey). :-)

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Arnold - "one more car - one moe rider"
Not DVD-A but excellent sound and video and a performance that has a suprise.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Arnold - "one more car - one more rider"
Not DVD-A but excellent sound and video and a performance that has a suprise.

Bronze Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 37
Yeah, I got that one - it's good. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
AL

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Slightly off topic. The best graffitti I have seen was in Memphis, Tennessee in a restroom across from the busiest location in the city.

"See Graceland the way Elvis did - on drugs!"

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
The Crossroads festival was simulcast on The Dish Network's music channels. They recently picked up the Sirius satelite radio music channels and it was presented on one of the rock channels. It was also simulcast on SBC Yahoo DSL as video feed. The entire festival wasn't presented as there were several events happening at the same time on Friday and Staurday but highlights were played and Sunday's entire concert was provided. Unfortunately it ended early as there were tremendous thunderstorms moving into the area and there had already been some damage reported in the mid cities area. It was an event to remember. There will be a DVD of the event.
While he was in Dallas, Clapton went to the location where Robert Johnson recorded many of his songs and shot some footage of Clapton and his group playing there.
By the way what's everyone's opinion of "Me and Mr. Johnson"? I was rather disappointed. After hearing the originals which were the essence of simplicity the Clapton pieces seemed over done. Almost like he gotten back together with Phil Collins. Too much noise where one guitar would have done everything necessary.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us