One channel down in nad 3155 amp.help?

Unregistered guest
one channel has cut out in my nad 3155 amp.what could be the possible problems and how can i repair them? The fuse seems ok,any help would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 426
You might try cleaning the volume pot, and the left and the right pot, by getting a spray electric cleaner from radio shack. Un-plug it first, and take the cover off, and spray into the opening in the pots. Let it dry for a few hours before plugging it in.

If you get something when you play with the volume pot or the left and right pot, this probably will work. If you get nothing at all, this might not be it, but worth trying since it's very cheap.

Don't touch other stuff in there - even with unplugging it, you could get shock!

macjam
Unregistered guest
I had channels cut out on me once, and automatically assumed it was the amp. On closer inspection I discovered that the fault was with my interconnect. Maybe worth checking yours - you just never know! Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 18
Buy NAD C320BEE it is as good as your NAD 3155 and has remote

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 437
If you still have the problem, you can try connecting both speakers to one side that produces sound - and see if you can live with the sound.

If not, you can connect it to a TV to improve your TV sound - if you don't already have a surround sound. Your NAD will sound better than most surround sound receivers.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE ONE NAD 3155 .I FEEL THE BASE AND MID IS NOT RICH AS HIGH END AMP .WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM ,IS IT BECAUSE OF OLD ,ANY CHANCE I GET GOOD EXPECTED QUALITY BY SIMPLY CHANGING ALL THE ELECTROLITIC CAPACITORS.ANY ONE CAN HELP ME BY POSTING A COPY OF CIRCUIT DIAGRAM .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us