What is the best cd player to buy for my amp and speakers

Username: Zumayl

SingaporeSingapore

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I recently bought a brand new marantz integrated amp model no pm7200.In addition I bought an marantz equalizer + spectrum analyzer eq580.I am looking for a good quality cd player which is priced midrange for the above combo.I have a old bose am3 mk 2 speaker system to drive the above combo.I realize the speakers are underpowered for the amp but due to my tight budget i am unable to invest in a good pair of speakers at the present moment.I have 3 models of cd player in mind to choose from and i would find it very helpul if anybody can shed light on the best posibble combo.1)marantz cd7300( a bit sceptical to have all the 3 components of the same brand though) 2)nad c 542 3)cambridge audio azur 640 c.Pls sugest me the most suitable player for my setup.Is there any better alternative in the same price range?.Pls give me info.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 439
I like no.2 the best.
You can also get Shanling CD-s100 from Ebay - shipped from China - ask for discount on shipping - it's $100 to US, but to singapore, may be less.

It costs less, and may be even better than all of your selections.

Peter Commeyne
Unregistered guest
I agree with James on the Shanling CD-s100. It is definitely an option to consider and should be lower prices than the others. I have one and it sounds wonderful.
You might actually want to use the saved money towards replacing your speakers. There are many cheap speakers out there that sound exceptionally good, think of Mordaunt-Short, Axiom,... Something to seriously consider, I think you have a good amp and are looking at a good CD-player, but your speakers are definitely the weak link.

Username: Zumayl

SingaporeSingapore

Post Number: 2
never heard of shanling.the only chinese makes available in singapore are amoisonic,and shinco which i can say are lousy to even think of.will look out for shanling and review its performance.thanks for the tip pal.will keep alook on shanling if they are available here.

Unregistered guest
yes agree for Shanling have good review and good price quality ratio. Vave 2 kind of tube cd cd100 and CD A 10T which is a good Tube Cd player quite cheap. CD A10T 323 Euro -- HDCD A24 CD 568 Euro CD T10 980 Euro ....those are the price . let me know if i can help u to have it.

Unregistered guest
AZUR 640 are good choise, but before look at DENON CD 1450 and VINCENT CD S1.1
I newer have heard a A10T, but if this is a VINCENT produckt from China, it cant be bad.
I have heard VINCENT CD3 and CD6, but very short time, they took me, and i will go to get CD6 very soon.

Sammy C
Unregistered guest
If willing to pay more, the newest cayin 17a may gives you a surprise, whatever to its perfomance and good build.even the price.

Sammy C
Unregistered guest
Have a look to inside
http://www.interceptor.dk/cayin_cdt-17a_top_foto.htm

Jacob Larsen
Unregistered guest
I agree about the shanling CDT-100, it has a lot of depth and you can choose between solid state and tube output, both options are present.
If you are looking for speakers I can highly recommend Norh, based in Thailand. They sell online and all prices are including shipments. They are very helpful with a good customer service. http://www.norh.com/products/index.html

mauimusicman
Unregistered guest
AV-123 has the Onix XCD-88 on sale as I write this for a mere $299.00 US. This unit is identical to the Shaning S-100, Music Hall CD-25. It uses the same platform, same parts. A steal of a deal, plus it's HDCD. Look here:
http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=processors&product=25.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us