Maybe a stupid question but I need help

Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 4
I want to set up my Home theater system (5.1 or 7.1...not totally sure yet) in my family room and also have 2 higher end stereo speakers in my living room.

In most receivers I was used, there was a speaker A nd B option. So for example, I assumed that in a 7.1 A/V reciever, I could set up 7.1 in my family room and just switch to speaker B if I wanted to listen in the living room.

I am under the impression now that the Denon 2805 and 3805 no longer have the A and B switch. What does this mean? If I set up 7.1 for viewing, do I need a separte amp for my 2 stereo speakers? If I only do 5.1, do my 2 stero speakers get hooked up to the side speaker channels? Does that impact the overall sound. I am a bit of a novice and also somewhat confused. Please help!!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 422
With most 7.1 receivers you can drive separate 5.1 and 2.0 systems simultaneously from different sources. The second room speakers will be hooked up to the surround-back outputs and the receiver will be configured to use them as a second room system. There is no impact on sound quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us