Musical Fidelity A3.2 Int Amp or Creek 5350SE

Username: Interwaps

Post Number: 2
Dear all:

I am thinking to pick up one of them, but don't know which one to get... I normally listen to pop, jazz, vocal and some rocks. Any suggestions are appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 923
my vote goes to the creek althogh a very tough
choice.

i like the extra power of the a3.2 but find the
features of the creek better suit me.

not to through another wrench in their for yu but.

if you don't need all the power another really
good performer at a much cheaper price the Rotel 1060
is a dam fine unit.

Anonymous

Have not tried the Creek but I do use the a3.2 and like it a lot. The a3.2 is the quantum leap for me in term of details from the old NAD. The texture in female vocal is facinating. It may be a little bright so watch out for your other components.

Unregistered guest
Anonymous.......how do you know the MF is bright? Perhaps........it's your source? Interconnects? Speakers (specifically in the x-over range) Have ya taken the time or effort to be sure it's the amp? You always make comment on my posts....so...i'm gonna start on yours, k? All is fair in love and audio, right?
Perhaps it's the speakers load on the amp causing it to sound bright. Speakers are not purely resistive loads, ya know. A driver deviates from being a resistive load in several important ways:
A front-suspension resonance in the woofer.
The woofer cone "going soft" before the crossover point (happens in most models of woofers and mids- seen as a decrease in or a flattening-off of a raw driver's inductive impedance rise w/frequency, as low as 300Hz!!).
The unavoidable, eventual woofer-cone breakup above the crossover point.
The imperfection of the capacitor used in either driver's Zobel network,
Improper design of the Zobel circuits for each driver (a pervasive problem, in my experience).
Thermally-caused impedance changes in either driver as power levels change.
Dynamic impedance changes from a lack of dustcap-pressure venting behind the woofer (at more than 1/8" of stroke in my experience),
From magnetic-field non-linearites created/encountered as the woofer or the tweeter strokes.
From the low-frequency resonance of the tweeter.
From the non-linearities of the tweeter's suspension compliance on very small signals and very large signals.

Throw in the imperfection of the main capacitor for the tweeter and of the inductor for the woofer, as those would also be part of the impedance non-linearity... (we've all heard poor capacitiors. Ever heard a large-wire inductor electrically ring in the midrange circuit? Ecch!)
With a series crossover, a non-linearity in one driver, one circuit element, affects both drivers. A parallel circuit does not have this crosstalk. Your thoughts?
Hows it feel to be on the RECIEVING end?

Anonymous

Very funny! You are barking the wrong tree!
Hint: there are 100 times more Anomymous here than Mr. Smith.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us