How to wire 10 (16ohm) wall speakers 150watt each to a single 700watt, 7.1 channel AV Receiver

Username: Baj002

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, here's my dilemma;
I have 10 in wall speakers built in around the house they are all the same speaker style ( 16ohm,150watt) they all have individual vume controls in each of the rooms they are in. Each speaker is wired to the vol. switch, then the wire run from each vol. switch back to a central location where to a Yamaha RX -V659 receiver(8ohm, 7.1 channel, 700watt). Because the wiring is already run through all the walls of the house I cannot series wire them now, when I tried parallel wiring them in, it works, but the when the volume is turned up it over heats and shuts off. My question is what's causing the over power and how to fix it?? I thought if I'm paralleling 2 (16ohm) speakers into each channel, then it should be running at 8 ohms a channel which should be fine. Is the wattage of the speakers an issue? 150 each so it's running 300watts to each channel that is rated at 100watt each. I thought it just will run less wattage to each speaker but not sure if that it's trying to draw too much and that is overheating it, or if it just has to do with the parallel wiring set up??? ðŸ¤"🙄 thanks in advance for any help I can get!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us