Floorstanding Speakers, Pricing, Value, Models

Username: Coachradar

Post Number: 1
Hi I am new to this forum. I have been an enthusiast for 50 years, loving 2 channel hifi, starting with BIC speakers with a Pioneer SX 750 head unit. I have been a B&W guy now with 18 years old Nautilus 802's, a pair of 8 year old 804 Diamonds, 3 pair of DM600S2, Classe CA 5300 (should have gotten the CA 2300 2 channel) multiple NAD units, T787, and now a new M33. I am looking at new speakers, I have a nasty room that is 33 feet x 26 feet with 13 foot ceilings, not the best acoustics, but need to fill the room. Matching the new speakers with my NAD M33 and two REL S/812 subs with a budget of $20,000.00ish plus, what are the better choices please? I have listens to the new B&W's they sound great, also the Sonus faber Nova III and V's both great. Maybe just keep the 18 year old 802's (?) or keep looking. Are the new speakers really making that much difference from 20 years ago? Some may say of course because of technology, but is spending this kind of money making a difference from older vintage type speakers or do we just hope is does. I listen to R&B, Jazz, and even some classical. Opinions please and suggestions on what to look for. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3659
You could check out some line source which work well in such a huge space
Magnepan 20.7 will work well. Your NAD may have enough power....depending on your habits.

I'd also get out of my comfort space. Go listen to some KLIPSCH Heritage line.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us