Help!!! DVD and CD not coming through.

hound dog
HK 325 and JVC DVD-CD player. I thought I followed the manual by using the composites and coaxial to connect the two. When I unhook the coaxial nothing changes.????What is coaxial for anyway? SAT TV is coming through loud and clear. I just cant figure out the DVD problem.
I know that the learning curve on the HK is supposed to be pretty big, but for me it seems to making a circle and I'm just chasing my tail.

hotrod
i am running an optical from dvd to the 325 for audio and s-video from dvd to the 325 for video and the picture is great.maybe this will help good luck!

hound dog
with your hook up, do you run anything to the tv? Probably a dumb question, but I've been out of the sound game for 25 years. I have tried an optical and digital coax but still no sound. I do get sound using composites. Do you think those reciever ports could be faulty?

hotrod
i have composit running between the vid 1 in/out on the back of the 325 to the video in out on the rear of my vcr.in yor case you might run to the satv box's video in/out

Jerry
I have the HK AVR 520 and I have my DVD hooked up using coax digital. You have to go into the on screen display using the remote and TV and assign the coax input to each source. i.e.: coax 1 for DVD, coax 2 for satellite. Your receiver will remember it forever.

hotrod
O sound is the problem i have a Tv and vcr with no digital hook-ups,so im using composits for audio also. i would think the digital audio output on your satv box would run to digital audio input on the 325

hound dog
hotrod or anyone
would this give me sound for dvd/cd? Yes, I now have picture, but the only way I get sound is with composite cabs run from dvd to reciever. I have SATV sound and pic.

Jerry
Hound dog, have you physically assigned the digital inputs for their respective components yet? This must be done in the menu or you will get no digital sound, only analog from the composite cables.

hound dog
Jerry, a big howl to you. Thank yooooouuuuuu. I had searched the manual over and had not found that info. Who writes manuals anyway?

Jerry
Looking up the manual on the HK website I found it on page 20. Tells you just how to configure each digital input to a preferred input selection, DVD, Video 1, CD, or what have you. There's even pictures.

hound dog
Jerry, thanks again. I had already found what I was looking for. That's whats so cool about this message board. People helping people--without expecting anything in return. My wife also appreciates it. I was beginning to get on her nerves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us