Are PC speakers supposed to be magnetically shielded

Username: Dixiekaye

Post Number: 1
Are PC speakers supposed to be magnetically shielded?

My setup:
PC: Lenovo ThinkCentre M83
Speakers: Altec Lansing VS1520 (2.0)
Headphones: Sony MDR 7506

I am a medical transcriptionist. I listen to downloaded audio files and type them into medical reports. Most the time I use headphones connected to the speakers that are connected to the PC. There are times when I like to listen through the speakers only as my ears get very tired of headphones. My Altec Lansing 2.0 speakers are very old and are not as clear when listening through the speakers only and I was looking to replace them.

I wanted speakers between $20.00-$40.00.
Volume and headphone jack on front of speakers
No USB connection

The only brand of speakers I found in this price range are the Logitech Z200, Z130, Z313. But when looking at the specs, it doesnt say the speakers are magnetically shielded.

My speakers are less than 2 inches from my PC and monitor. My Apple iPhone is also on the desk as I have to sign in to the hospital via MS authenticator

So, the question is, is it okay to use unshielded speakers?

Username: Daisie678

Oakland Gardens, New York United States

If your speakers are shielded protected then are safe to place anywhere, they will not affect any other electronic gear. Even with unshielded speakers, the magnetic field may harm very sensitive electronics gear, but it doesn't harm your computer and mobile phone So yes is it ok to use unshielded speakers.

Username: Charliebarnes

Snoqualmie RidgeUSA

It's important for me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts