Please Give Me Some Amp Options With A Headphone Jack

Username: Caleb1

Post Number: 1
Today, after many days of acoustic playing, I finally got to plug in my SurfyBear Metal into my old Fender Cyber Champ. As I was letting the slow chords ring out I noticed a sound that I could best describe as a "warble" or "flutter."

My first thought was the pedal. So I unplugged it and tried the guitar straight into the amp. It was still there. Didn't matter how hard or soft I strummed; there was an asymmetrical "warble" on the tail of the signal.

So I thought it could be the tap tempo on the amp so I played with it. The warble was still there but it changed in its asymmetry a little. Granted it's a decent amp that I bought 20 years ago. It has served me well for playing at night while not disturbing others. That said, it might be time for me to upgrade. What are some options for a good sounding amp that one can jam with but also has a headphone jack. I don't need distortion. I really want a nice clean sound. I don't want anything too "processed." I feel like the Cyber Champ is giving me some type of artifact processing in the tail that I honestly have never really heard before, but I don't like. I noticed it with different amp models in the preset. I'm going to play around with it again and see.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to modeling amps, but don't know how good the new Katana or Fender GTX are in person. I'm not able to go in and demo one.

What are some options in the sub $500 range?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us