Onkyo A-9010 vs Marantz PM7200 for Dali Zensor 5?

Username: Berlin77

Post Number: 1
I just bought a pair of Dali Zensor 5. Overall i like them a lot. I find them incredibly detailed on the high frequencies but a bit dull on the bass. Currently i'm driving them with a Pioneer A-209R but i'm now looking for something more powerful and possibly warmer on the low end. I've read a lot of good reviews about the Onkyo A-9010 (45W) which i could get for about Ã,£200. At the same price i could buy a used Marantz PM7200 (95W - class A/AB mode) or a PM7001. Anyone ever owned these amplifiers so to make a sound comparison? Any suggestion on other good amplifiers, that could match well with my Zensor 5? My budget is up to Ã,£300 and i could go for a new or used equipment. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3606
Dali claims 88db sensitivity but 6 ohms nominal which tends to lower the number....they way they measured it.
In a normal sized room appropriate for this speaker, certainly you don't need HUGE amounts of power. For exmple? Your 45watt Onkyo might actually be a tad MIGHER in powr due to the lower impedance of the speakers. I'd guess Mid-Way between the 8 and 4 ohm ratings.

Any way to give a Trial Listen to any of your various choices?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us