DIY Amplifiers?

Username: Akshakimos6

Post Number: 1
Anyone have experience building your own amplifier? Big or small, doesn't matter much to me it just sounds exciting so I figured I'd start the long research process here.

Any good links or recommended gear?

Thanks Y'all

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3599
Go to DIY audio and check out the Amp Camp Amp......about 330$ right to your door and a VERY complete kit.

You'll need soldering station, and a selection of hand tools.

Username: Gary5lewis

Post Number: 5
Hi,

I've had some experience in building my own amplifiers and I have to say, it's a rewarding project once you get the hang of it. Here are some key things that I learned and resources I found useful:

Start Small: If you're new to this, it's best to start with a small, simple project. Try building a headphone amplifier to get your feet wet. It helps you understand the basics without getting too complicated.

Good Learning Resources: Rod Elliot's Sound.au was an invaluable resource for me when I started. It has excellent articles and guides about designing and building your own amps. Another place where you can find useful tips and tutorials is DIY Audio, a community for DIY audio enthusiasts.

Select the Right Tools: You'll need a good quality soldering iron, multimeter, wire strippers, needle-nose pliers, and a drill. If you're serious about the hobby, investing in a good oscilloscope could be worthwhile as well.

Safety: Always remember to work safely. Capacitors in the power supply section can hold a lethal charge even when the amp is switched off. Make sure to discharge them safely before working on the circuit.

Kits: There are several DIY amplifier kits available in the market that can make the initial process easier. Companies like Parts Express and TubeDepot offer various amplifier kits ranging from tube to solid-state designs.

Experiment: Once you're comfortable with the basics, don't hesitate to tweak your designs and experiment. That's part of the fun of DIY audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us