Home theater setup outdoor speakers

Username: Mlemery5

Post Number: 1
I have moved into a new house and I'm trying to set up a 7.2 surround sound speaker system including 7 speakers inside and 2 outdoor speakers. All equipment was given to me by previous homeowner and they claim everything worked great.
I am using a Denon AVR-X3200W receiver and 2 channel amplifier by Audio Source and Yamaha outdoor speakers.
I have successfully connected all 7 indoor speakers to the receiver and that is working.
My problem comes when I try to hook up the outdoor speakers. I was told they connect to the amp and then I hook the amp into the zone 2 inputs of the receiver by av cable. I have done that using both channels A and B on the amp, but I am getting no sound from the outdoor speakers.
The speaker wire is run through the wall from the outdoor speakers to the back of the tv and comes out with all the other speaker wires. There is only one wire left unused and it is labeled VMI outdoor speaker. However, where every other speaker wire has just black and red connections, this wire is a 4 conductor wire with red, black, green, and white wires. I checked the connections on the Yamaha speakers and they are solid, but each speaker is connected by red and black speaker wire. There is no sign of green and white wires. Additionally, I tested each speaker inside using the battery method to get a "pop" out of the speaker to locate it, and they all responded. When I do the same with the 4 conductor wire I do not get a "pop" from the outdoor speakers, no matter what combination of colors I use. I do get a spark on the battery when combining red as positive, black as negative and white as positive, green as negative.
I have tried everything I know how to do, and I'm out of options. Can anyone help me?
Thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us