What's the Point of Streamers?

Username: Quinncade

Post Number: 1
Trying to understand the advantage of a dedicated streaming device.

Seems like a simple PC and/or tablet has infinitely more functionality... and is super cheap.

Like, grab any $100 tablet, hook it up USB > DAC, and you have every app known to man, plus the entirety of the internet at your fingertips.

And it's never outdated because you can just download new apps as they become available.

Am I missing something?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Albany , NY USA

Post Number: 4579
I was wondering the same thing a few months ago. I used my laptop through USB controlled by my iPhone, and my iPhone and iPad with an Apple camera connector into my DAC. Every way worked well with few hiccups.

I bought a Bluesound Node 2 refurbished from Safe And Sound. It sounds better. Not night and day better, but better. It�s purpose built. My laptop, iPhone, and/or iPad aren�t tied up.

Everything was run through my DAC instead of analog, hence why everything sounded good. The Node sounds better through the same DAC. From a purely sound quality perspective, it might not have been worth it. From a combined sound quality, ergonomics, and the addition of Bluetooth capability, it is worth it.

Worth it or not is all up to the individual. We all have different priorities and salaries. If you�re contemplating a Bluesound Node, check out Safe and Sound. I�ve bought several things from them without any issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us