Need receiver recommendation

Username: Rsh67

Highland heights, OH

Post Number: 1
i have plans on installing a 5.1 surround system in my living room. i would also like to install 2 addition speakers in my dining room. the dining room speakers would used mostly for music but would like to be able to hear the tv if i choose while the surround speakers are in use. i would also like to incorporate a sonos system into the receiver. anyone have a recommendation for a receiver? i would like to stay a bit under $1000

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3573
you have only picked about the MOST competitive space in home audio.
Impossible to recommend except that you go audition something from the likes of Denon, Marantz, Yamaha and Onkyo.
They seem to make a lot of stuff and the 800$Denon just won some worthless award......So that may be on the list.

Any place for you to go listen to stuff? Any idea what you are listening TO or FOR?

Of course, some other things intrude, like the space where it will be intalled and the speaker / speaker quality and characteristics.
For example? You will probably want 8 ohm speakers. The vast majority of HT receivers will not be happy with 4ohm.

Ever consider spending about the SAME on a premium 2-channel system? Another pair of speakers can be connected wirelessly while the money you were going to spend on 5 speakers buys a much improved PAIR with possiblly a sub.

Username: John_wright

Post Number: 1
A month ago, I took a Denon, then looked at the reviews and decided to take it, in general I am more than satisfied, I did not overpay for Marantz and the sound is clear and works without problems, many people say that recently Denon have been making really cool products for adequate money!
My model Denon AVR-X2700H
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us