Unusual amplification application: Tactile Transducers keep blowing amps

Username: Thomasanderson1

Post Number: 1
I have a silent disco system I rent out for parties (UHF link battery powered headphones.) We made a silent subwoofer to accompany the music using large tactile transducers. I am having problems with blowing amps, like a lot of amps, pretty reliably. I was hoping someone had some tips as to keep this from happening.

I went thru a couple different older second hand 1000 watt amps before finding the following set up: (links below) a Behringer Inuke 3000dsp in bridge mode powering four Buttkicker LFE's bridged (recommended by Buttkicker Customer Service) attached to an 8'X8' plywood platform, or a 8 foot diameter aluminum satellite dish. I have 2 amps powering 8 transducers, 4 each. I would set the amp's limiter to well below the clipping level. It would work great for a few parties, and then I'd get the red ring of death on the amp. I ordered the new Behringer NX3000D amp, since the iNukes are discontinued, and hoping it will work better with more limiting.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3565
'D' Amps are time limited at maximum power. You are clearly running stuff into the 'Red Zone' and are paying the price.

Beheringer / Crown and some of the other 'D' amps are not really robust.

what is the impedance of the drivers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us