Digital Research DR1000 5.1ch surround audio power amp

Username: Adam_network

Post Number: 1
I bought this for next to nothing at a garage sale. Of course, no remote. I am into A/V stuff just to mess with and sometimes I get lucky and build a gem. Apparently, there is a remote that you can find for it, but I'd rather just bypass the Aux, CD, DVD circuitry that requires the remote. Does anyone know how to just use the power amp and speakers and rig it to use with just some inputs for non-specific stuff. I believe that sounds pretty good. I have some Klipsh, Bose, Infinity and Onkyo speakers to hook up to it. I'm just trying to make use of my time trying to bring some A/V stuff back to good use. Any one have any idea what I'm talking about or should I just run down the remote? Thanks for any ideas!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18701

You don't give a clear explanation of your technical capacities and I don't ever suggest anyone should stick their hands inside an amplifier without knowing what in there can kill them.

At one time there was a forum member who liked to mess with stuff and he taught himself enough to become a rather well known builder of stereo components. It took him several years to reach the point where he actually could turn out things that worked.

If you want a multichannel amplifier and you don't have the ability to adjust "the digital stuff", there's no simple way to access all channels on the receiver. If there are no "power amp in" jacks, you just have a receiver. If you only want two channel sound, run your sources to the Tape input.

Remotes are generic just like AV receivers. Unfortunately, "Digital Research" tends to suggest a product not widely known, nor widely sold, in the US. If you have a contact for the company, pursue it. Otherwise, you have a nice paper weight there.

Username: Adam_network

Post Number: 2
I certainly appreciate your return post...and I do thank you for your concern. I've been "messing" with electronics for almost 40 years and rebuilt several multi-channel soundboards for studios across the country, but sometimes I like to chat with someone that has already dealt with these things. Coincidently, I did figure it out without losing a digit. Hope to talk again, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4570
Digital Research is one of the infamous �White Van Speaker Scam� lines.

Don�t bother doing anything with them unless you really want to play around with something that you practically can�t make any worse.

Username: Isabellefoster

Post Number: 3
Thanks for this research!

Username: Leonwoods

Post Number: 8
Explaining your technical capabilities is very important in this case, I agree!

Username: Finistratbob

California, California

Post Number: 4
good post
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts