Burning from Media Player

Username: Orion3m42

McKeesport, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 2
I created a 26-song burn list in .mp3 format on Windows Media Player and burned that list onto a CD-R. It burned it O.K. and plays in my car stereo. But, I notice that it burned the songs out of order.
I also created a 7-song burn list in .wmv format. It burned those songs on a CD-R in order, but then it duplicated them and burned them again out of order, giving me a total of 14 songs on the burn list, 7 in order and the same ones again out of order.
Any reason why this stuff is happening? Is there any way to ensure that it will burn in the order that I created on the burn list?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18537

All I can tell you is to carefully check your settings on the Media Player. You might want to reboot the computer system. The problem is not in the burner.

Username: Orion3m42

McKeesport, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 3
Could it be if the burner is burning in the correct order and putting it on the disc in the order in the burn list, that the CD player in the car is reading it out of order? Although that seems unlikely, since the CD player should read it in the order that is on the disc.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18538

It's very likely your CD players has a "shuffle" mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us