Sonos

Username: Hungrylion

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am new to this forum. I just bought a Sonos and I want to know how can I get the tv sound over the ceilings loudspeakers? I have a Russound with 8 channels. I had used the bundle analog audio video cables that came with the Samsung Tv. I used a Y connector to connect into the black cable analog of the samsung tv bundle and the Y connector into the Sonos left and right inputs. I am not getting any sound. Please help. I want to add that the Tv sound is out meaning I have the sound on audio out/optical. There are no lights on the Russound channels which means there are no signals going to it. can anyone help me. thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18534

"I used a Y connector to connect into the black cable analog of the samsung tv bundle and the Y connector into the Sonos left and right inputs."

So, do I have this right; you used a Y connector to combine two channels of output into one channel? And then split that back into two channels at the Sonos? Why would you do that? Keep the two channels discrete all the way through the system.

"I want to add that the Tv sound is out meaning I have the sound on audio out/optical."

How do you know you have output?

I don't know what the "samsung tv bundle". Please explain.

Typically, if you have the correct connections according to the Sonos owner's manual - you have read the manual, right? - then you need to make the connections happen in the menu/sub menu of the up stream components.

First, make sure the Sonos is operating as it should by plugging a known good source directly into the Sonos inputs. If you have no sound then, it's the Sonos you need to investigate. If the Sonos works as needed at that point, then it's the upstream components that are in need of adjustment.

I really can't follow what components you have but you probably need to begin with your source to the overall system. Get sound to the TV and then work within the TV's menu to send signal out from the analog output jacks. If you know you have signal coming from that point, then you check the next component in line. if that is the Sonos, then run through the Sonos menus.

Post Number: 2
Thank you, the y connector is for Sonos left in and right in. The y connector is a single ended into the analog of the Samsung bundle and the y into Sonos right and left inputs in.
I think I did everything right. With TV sound out. Russound turned on. From the Sonos inputs out goes into global of Russound so I should get sound over the ceiling speakers.

But I did not get any sound.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18536

I can't troubleshoot this system over a forum. Trouble shooting is a series of logical steps. You check that you have input at all ins and output at all outs. Generally, this is accomplished through the menus. Take the system step by step and make sure you have signal flowing from one component to the next.

Otherwise, ...

Best suggestion; re-check the menus. If that doesn't resolve the issue, contact Sonos.

Post Number: 3
thank you all but I figured out what the problem is. all connection was correct just that sound was not coming through. what I did is look on iPhone sonos app and press on line in et voila sound all over ceilings speakers. I hope this post will help someone else with the same problem.

Username: Cowolter

London, Not Listed Велико...

Post Number: 2
Using the audio line out jacks where available on either the receiver or the TV, wiring these to a Sonos Connect placed next to the receiver/TV, and then placing play 1 speaker/s closer to ears and grouping it/them with the Connect wirelessly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us