Like

Better of changing and adding

 

New member
Username: Markyboy156

Post Number: 7
Registered: Jan-18
my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali ikon vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro a sky 4k silver box a virginmedia v6 box a high end pc
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
nvidia shield console
marantz 7011 amp
mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
blue sound node 2 streamer
music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
Formuler Z7+ UHD 4K Android 7 Media Streamer IPTV Receiver with WiFi box
emotiva upa-1 monoblocks for the centre and for the rears and extra rears

I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
Marantz 701 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
i have a very large audio cd collection

my main question is if i was to change the crown 1002 amp that i have on the lower frequencies of the 2 main front speakers to a nad 375bee do you think this would increase the performance
or would i be better of changing the 2 intergrated amplifiers i have on the high frequencies and low frequencies to a nad 375bee on the high frequencies and a nad 275bee on the low frequencies

also is there a device i can add to boost the 4 subwoofers performance instead of connecting them to the subwoofer outputs of the marantz 7011 then be able to connect the device to the marantz 7011 than
 

New member
Username: Markyboy156

Post Number: 8
Registered: Jan-18
hello bummp bummp bummp
 

Gold Member
Username: Magfan


USA

Post Number: 3519
Registered: Oct-07
I just want to address one minor point from the above post.

Biamp while retaining the speakers crossover is not a very big 'bump'. You might consider adding the power of the 2 amps, but that's not quite right.
EACH amp continues to 'swing' the entire voltage demand of the signal it's given.....in this case the Full Range signal. If you were to split the signal to the amps and delete the speakers crossover, you could really add some power. The rule of thumb is UP TO 3 db when using identical amps. That's double the power.
The way to do such a split would be with some kind of Active OR Passive 'line level crosssover'. Many DIY circuits exist while in a commercial product of ultimate flexibility AND affordability, you could go with MiniDSP.

You could buy a MiniDSP 2x4, for example, and use it to drive JUST the subs. And do all sorts of signal and crossover modifications. Turn the crossover IN the sub to off, as if you were running it from an HT receiver. Feed the Mini a full-range signal, as well.

Than the 'myth' of 'lots of power'. The 50:50 power point is around 350hz. That means that a pair of amps......one for above and another below, will run out of steam at about the same time. This is for normally distributed frequencies in music. If you crossover at say.....60hz or so? (And Low Cut the mains @70 or so?)
You might need 15% or so total system power for the subs. Certainly no Less than 10% under any circumstances.

Your question doesn't make much sense. You HAVE a MiniDSP, and than want to know how to 'boost' the subs instead of connection to the sub outputs of the Marantz? Are the outputs of the Marantz set to full range? Backing up a crossover WITH ANOTHER crossover is about 95% of the time a bad time. The other 5% it is an awful idea.
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message
   

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us