What ia a pot?


New member
Username: Snuggieboo

Post Number: 1
Registered: Dec-16
I have seen this term used in the turntable forum.


New member
Username: Snuggieboo

Post Number: 2
Registered: Dec-16
Oh Shoot!

I am sorry for my misspelling of "is"!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18330
Registered: May-04

Typically, when someone uses the term "pot" in reference to electronics, they are using a word meant to imply "potentiometer"; ral+of+radius&aqs=chrome..69i57.4474j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=potentiomete r

In most cases, a potentiometer is used to trim Voltage from input to output. In other words, a volume control is a "pot" in most cases. There are other devices which can be substitutes for a conventional analog potentiometer. Also a pot may be used as an inter-stage device to adjust incoming Voltage to another stage of the overall circuit.

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message


Shop Related Deals


Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us