Help I can't get audio

Username: Fishoutofwater

Post Number: 1
We were recently using a Pioneer VSX-60 and had everything working great until we started getting an error message. I read up on it and tried everything to revive it to no avail.
We connected up our old Onkyo HT-RC160 (in the same way as the Pioneer) and have the sound and audio working fine with the dvd player, sound is fine through the speakers with the tuner or an iPad plugged in to the AUX, but how do we just get the sound from the tv to come through??? We have a samsung smart tv that we watch the regular broadcast channels and use for netflix and Hulu. Previously with the Pioneer we had an optical audio cable plugged in, and from what I could understand in the Onkyo we should plug that in to the "game" optical port. It doesn't give us any sound though.
What are we missing here? We would love to use what we have.
TIA

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18176

So the question is, why don't you have sound using the optical cable?

If that's the question, the first thing to try is to go through the set up menu for the receiver and the TV. Often times you'll have to instruct the component to recognize the optical line.

Post Number: 2
Yes, I have the audio from the tv set as external speakers (as we did with the other receiver).
On the Onkyo I have gone through and made sure to set the Game button as digital optical, but I must be missing something because even reading through the manual there isn't any other steps listed.

Post Number: 3
Ok I finally got it working after reassigning the ports, now to try to figure out the zone two
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us