Sony STR-D790 DRLC MAIN

Username: Tictech

Post Number: 1
I really just wanted to post this as information for anyone out there that may run into the same problem I have. I searched all over the web trying to find an answer to what the message "DRLC MAIN" meant, why the receiver would display it instead of turning off completely, and how to get rid of the message.

I believe DRLC is a feature of both the D790 and D990 - though the user manual has no information about what it is or how to turn it off. As many other posts suggest, it means "Different Room Link Control" and allows you to connect to various devices. Once it's been turned on, it's a pain to figure out how to get rid of. I found too that while it's on, the receiver stays on and continues to generate a good amount of heat. It's probably bad form, but having my turntable on top of the receiver doesn't bode well with extra heat.

Ok... down to the how-to. Some posts suggest that it's a fuse issue. I think not. Take a look at the LCD display on the D790 and near the top right you should see "DRLC" is lit up. Ensure your receiver is on tuned to something like CD, or Phono, or whatever. There is a section of buttons on the face of the receiver called Sound Field. It contains buttons like Live, Hall, Disco, etc. The very first button in that section should be On/Off. Click that and your DRLC should turn off - you should see that the indicator is gone. Now power off your receiver and it should shut down all the way instead of switching into DRLC Main Mode.

I hope that helps someone out there.

Username: Chago_iglesias

Thank you very much!

Username: Catiam

I'm no expert but I had the same problem. The ON/OFF button did not work for me. I have two on/off buttons in the 'sound field' selection area. Neither resolved the issue. I had my stereo set to tuner. I shut off the receiver , DRLC MAIN shown on the display. My Sony receiver has a 'pro logic mode' button on it. (next to the on/off buttons in the sound field display) I pushed that button...turned the stereo back on so the tuner /radio was on. then I hit the off button again...to shut the tuner/unit off. DRLC MAIN was gone. Receiver now completely off. Hope this can assist someone else out there. It's annoying to not be able to shut it completely off without feeling compelled to completely unplug it which then results in alot of ones 'presets' being erased.I doubt it pulls alot of actual 'power' when in DLRC Main mode and nothing is actually being utilized.No different than having ones computer in sleep mode, or leaving ones TV components plugged in and on even though you aren't watching the TV/have the TV actually 'on' for viewing. still, if not utilizing the receiver by itself and having other component stacked on top of it, there is a heat issue to consider. I have mine installed inside a cabinet and like to be able to close the doors on the cabinet when I'm not actually using the receiver. I couldn't do that when the DLRC MAIN remained on....that was the most agitating part of it. So if your receiver has that 'pro logic main' button...give that a try. It should work if the on/off buttons fail to resolve your issue.

Username: Mohitvermaji51

Delhi, Palau India

thank you very much for sharing this

Username: Kourier72

Langley, British Colu... Canada

OMG thank you Riley.. my D790 started doing this 5 mins ago, one quick google and here I am creating an account just so I can say thank you.

Username: Bernardand

Post Number: 2
thank you very much for sharing this

Username: Steveecoustic

This issue popped up, seemingly out of nowhere, on my Sony D790. Finding two working solutions on the same forum...wow! Thanks, guys...you saved my bacon!

Username: Pmb1030

Riley and Catiam both thank you! This came up on my very old Sony receiver (from 1992) that is still going strong and I never saw it before. I don�t want to leave the receiver on, so I asked Siri and it came up with this page. Took a few times and some playing around since my receiver is so old but eventually it worked!!! This 68 yo lady thanks you so much!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us