Please help me audio wizards

Username: Ecousticsnick

Post Number: 1
Hi there, appreciate you clicking on my post. I need help combining some speakers into a system for my room. I have come across a Panasonic SA-PM31 shelf system 2 channels out (or 4??) @6ohms with 2x 6 ohm speakers and some Bose 201 Series III speaker with an 8ohm resistance. All I'm trying to do is connect them all to the receiver so I can blast music. However the receiver has high and low outputs for both left and right (total 8 wires, 4+'ve 4 -'ve). The Bose speakers only have +'ve and -'ve leads. Is there any combination that will work? Like each Bose in series with a Panasonic and then parallel both of those to give me 7ohm impedance although I can't have left and right control then? Or is there a switch or adapter sorta deal I can get for it? Sorry I don't know a lot about this I hope I included enough info for an answer. Thanks for your time
Also a link to the owner manual wattage and such infos are on P 16 http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SAPM31.PDF

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18116

Apparently, the amplifier's output is sent through an internal (active) crossover to separate low and high frequency signals. Since the Bose 201's have their own internal (passive) crossover, there's no way to make the amp work with the Bose.

The Bose 201 expects to be fed a full range signal and there's no simple way to re-engage the high and low outputs from the amp to feed them an appropriate signal. If you tried, you would make the amp unable to operate the existing speakers which need the division provided by the amplifier.

They are simply incompatible with each other.

I would worry much though, the 201's would have been difficult to balance with your existing speakers and the added volume would have been all but unnoticeable.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us