Sony STR-KS380 - no sound on power-up

Username: Jeremy1021

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

I have the above receiver connected to a Sony TV, inputs are a Scientific Atlanta PVR and a PS3. We recently moved so I unhooked and re-hooked it all up... I find now that on booting up to Watch TV (using a Logitech all-in-one remote) there is no sound from the PVR, but picture is fine.

If I switch inputs on the receiver a few times, the sounds comes through fine. The very first time I hooked it up, there were no issues.

I feel like this happened for a while at the old house, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did about it. Any ideas?! Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18083

NO! Of course we don't have any ideas. Last time you probably switched inputs a few times. Sounds right to me.

If the system is operating as planned right now, buy some labels for your cables and mark each one as to location and in/out status.

Post Number: 2
No, physically I didn't change a thing, I mean I switched inputs e.g. from Cable/TV to DVD then back on the receiver... the cables are all and always were in the right places and don't need to be labeled. This is why I'm scratching my head, doesn't add up.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18084

I really can't help without knowing the receiver and your specific set up. AV receivers are fairly complicated as far as signal loops and it's not as easy as a stereo receiver's tape monitor loop.

When I would install an AV system, I spent some time trying to offer options to each owner. It's not uncommon for a AV receiver/system to be wired in several distinct ways yet still work perfectly as long as it makes sense to the user.

I doubt there's anything wrong with the receiver. If there is, it will have to become far more obvious since a tech can't fix some thing that's working.

If you're certain everything is in its correct port or jack, I would make some notes regarding how you get sound and picture. Otherwise, if it's working, that's all that matters.

Post Number: 3
OK, thanks.

Well last couple attempts have been good, so fingers crossed! Was a gremlin, maybe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us