Phillips cdr-765

Username: Fitzy1

London, Essex United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone,I;m a new member to this forum so just thought i'd drop by and say "hi".
My friend has lent me his phillips cdr-765,to see if I can get it to record something.I have just bought him 10 phillips cdrw discs hoping this would help but he keeps getting the message
"no audio" when trying to record.The manual refers it as lens not being able to read the data!
can anyone help me as to whether I can clean the lens with a cotton bud as I have tried 3 times with a cd lens cleaner?
Hope someone out there can help me as I am close to binning the item?
Yours Sincerely,
Fitzy1

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18072

How old is the player?

Transports age and become non-functional due to wear and lubricants no longer providing the "slip" they did when new. Eventually, no amount of cleaning - particularly of the lens - can repair the problems. Parts need major servicing and it might be better to simply scrap the unit for new.

It could also be a disc problem. Certain players simply do not like certain CDR-W's. You might tray a different brand of disc. Buy one or two "better" quality discs with a brand name. If you can find discs labeled "Philips", buy those.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us