Rotel Ra-414 integrated amplifier

Username: Tomassonmvp

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have the amp Rotel ra-414
http: //www.hifiengin...el/ra-414.shtml
Ι use the amplifier with a same era turntables.
and i would like to tell me if I can connect my own music (mp3 files) in any way, so I can better use the amplifier without turntables.
See the pictures uploaded and tell me if it is possible to do.
Thanks in advance!

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18004

Obviously, a vintage product such as this wasn't meant for a digital input. You might be successful if you can find an outboard DAC (digital to analog converter) which will accept the input from your MP3 player. You would connect the MP3 to the DAC and the analog outputs of the DAC would connect to either an "aux" input or the tape monitor circuit of your Rotel via the rear panel RCA's.

Check with Audio Advisor for a possible DAC to use. You'll need to know the connector type(s) on your MP3 player and the bit rate you've recorded at. The Audioquest Draginfly is inexpensive for a quality DAC and might do the job.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3219
I'm unclear whether MP3 players put out an ANALOGUE signal which would be as easy as a 5$ cable adaptor, 3.5mm to a pair of RCA. OR DIGITAL, which took something like the $$$$ Wadia player to get at.

I play my iPod Touch in the CAR with a 3.5mm / 3.5mm cable (male both sides) The cars in question are from 2008 or 2007 and both have that feature.

Using the MP3 player with the HEADPHONE output will work on even the most 'vintage' of stereo integrated amps. Analogue all the way! This uses the DAC and decoder section of the 'pod.

My NEW Parasound P5 preamp has digital inputs. But, the iPod goes in thru a front panel 3.5mm just the way it hooks up in the CAR.

I don't know that most MP3 players will let you access the digits��..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us