Onkyo tx-sr706 bummed out

Username: Omair

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 1
I have an onkyo sr706 where the stanby light keeps blinking, tried a reset, also opened it up and the fuses look fine (three glass), there are two ceramic fuses with which i cant tell, it was working fine, hooked up by hdmi to my cable , linux box, and by optic cable to tv. left for a couple of hours last night and when i came back the problem started. Have disconnected everything and still cant get it to start, the display only lights up for a second with when zone 2 is turned off. all buttons sound the relay click.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17991

First, disconnect the unit from the AC outlet for about 10 minutes. If this doesn't solve the problem, then you have to suspect more is wrong and the unit will require servicing.

If nothing specific changed between working and not working, then it's most likely a problem in the receiver. If something did change, undo the change and check for operation. If you have not done a "hard reset", contact Onkyo for instructions on the procedure.

If that doesn't solve the problem, have the unit looked at by a technician. Ask for an estimate of repairs before OK'ing any work.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3221
I know its been a while, but in cases like that you might want to call the POWER COMPANY and ask about big glitches and outages (which also produce glitches) in your service area at the time of the fault.

Having your gear connected to a surge protector is a pretty good idea.

The ceramic 'no see' fuses can be checked with a meter. Don't mess with this unless you KNOW what you are doing. You can zorch either meter or yourself fairly easily.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us