I NEED HELP POWER ISSUES WITH NAD

Username: Z33type

Post Number: 1
Ok this receiver is old. Its a NAD T763 AV Receiver. Receiver work 100% fine till I tried several attempt to do a firmware
update which I found here on ecoustics.com

I spent an hour trying to get usb to rs-2323 cable driver to actually work with my laptop. Since on device manager there is a exclamation mark,but that has been resolved. Receiver and laptop is communicating.

Now for the messed up the part. I click on the T763 upgrade and followed the procedures.

There was an option for me to pick which COM and what model unit I had. I manually set the com port to 3 and before I even had the chance to pick my model. It automatically updated my firmware and I had to cancel. Now my receiver won't turn on. It just stays on standby.

This receiver is very old and there is no support. I know NAD Will charge me an arm and leg to fix this. Can anyone shed some light to troubleshooting this?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17792

I don't know you're specific model but most NAD's have a reset feature. Contact NAD to inquire about this since the functions are slightly different for each model.

Username: Z33type

Post Number: 2
The specific model is T763 and that's the only model # that shows on the receiver unless there is something else it goes by.

Only reset feature this thing has is a factory reset which
doesn't really do much and only way I can do a factory reset if the receiver is on.

I tried unplugging it for 60 minutes and plugging it back in. Its still stuck on standby mode.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17793

Contact NAD. Ask if there's another reset feature you can try.

I'm sorry to say most modern receivers simply aren't meant to last more than a few years.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us