Newb Question getting a new receiver

Username: Relyt

Post Number: 1
Yes I'm sure if I search and search and search I would be able to find the answer to flame away if you will.... However here is my question.

I had an Onkyo receiver where the Sub Woofer had a positive and negative post for a direct wire connection. Long story short, my receiver went out and I was given a credit to purchase a new receiver. All of the receivers I see now only have a Subwoofer PRE OUT connection. Is there an adapter I can buy to accommodate the subwoofer to the new receiver?

This is one of the receivers I am looking at
http://www.sears.com/yamaha-rx-v475-3d-a-v-receiver-5.1-channel/p-05731350000P?p rdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14847
most subs for HT use these days are self-powered. If yours is not, you will need an external amplifier for the sub in question, as every AV receiver of which I am aware only offeres sub pre-outs, unless its part of a home theater in a box solution and the sub is unpowered and proprietary to the system. (low end stuff)

Username: Relyt

Post Number: 2
I believe you answered my question. It was originally an Onkyo Package that was around 400 or something like that. I went ahead and bought a Pioneer Sub to replace the Onkyo one and then bought a Yamaha RX V375. I understand that it is by no means top of the line, but it should do the trick for my living room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us