No sound

Username: Bruffinit

Post Number: 1
I am having probs running sound from the TV to the receiver. The Sony receiver has the digital audio out and the receiver has the audio in single-pin connection. I purchased a digital to analog converter and plugged the red/white cables to the audio in. No sound.

On my other receiver, I have audio in and the single-pin connection. I have also tried this method, with no luck.

How do I listen to the TV thru the receiver? I have in-wall speakers and the radio stations work. So the speakers are working.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3048
Go to the TVs audio setup menu and tell it to output PCM ONLY,

Most outboard DACs are for stereo use....NOT HT which implies Dolby or one of the formats 'above' stereo.

On my small dish when I experimented with optical to a DAC, I had just that problem. HD channels output Dolby which my DAC wouldn't decode, while 'regular' channels had fine audio. The fix was in the small dish receiver setup menu. PCM only........

Post Number: 2
I do not have a PCM option. The only settings for audio are the temps of the music.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3050
I have no idea what you mean......'temps of the music.'??

However, if you have cable service, go to the audio setup of the 'box' and see if THAT will allow PCM only.
My DishNetwork has such a setting and I hope that DTV and any of the cable services do, too.

Post Number: 3
audio temps, such as movie, music, etc. We do not have cable or internet tv. I have PCM on the 63" TV but not on the Panasonic or Samsung 32' TV's.

Username: Tinmanstack

Clinton, Ontario Canada

I have a kenwood stereo receiver model KR-A5010 after I hooked it up for the first time there is no sound rifht frim the start not even from the tuner I checked fuses and they are fine how do I fix the problem or is there something I am missing please help

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18429

The KR-A5010 looks to be a receiver from the late 1980's. To the best of your knowledge, when was the last time this receiver worked properly?

Username: Fastmouse

I have a Kenwood Audio Stereo Receiver KR-V127R the sound stopped
working. The panel light went out too. Help! I have a cd player
double tape deck on top. I just don't get any sound. HELP

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 2056
All off likely means it's not receiving power, check fuse if available and check that it's actually receiving power, if those two are ok then it likely failed.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18442

I would suggest you take the receiver to a repair shop for a looksee. If it's as simple as a blown fuse, there typically will not be a charge for anything more than the fuse.

Sticking your hands inside an electrical device when you don't know much about electrical devices can be the last thing you should - or would - do. That label on the back that says something about dangerous Voltages wasn't put there just to fill up a blank spot on the back panel.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3577
Joe, you should have a little Respect (I know, a foreign concept) for the deceased.

Username: Turbo_joe

Albany, Oregon United States

Post Number: 6
If he was a pr!ck alive, I'm sure he's still a pr!ck dead! Good place for him! Good job Grim Reaper!!!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3594
Joe,
I had My problems with Jan, too. But NO WAY will I bag on the deceased.

Total lack of class? Lack of self respect? We're looking forward to YOU going room temp so we can bag on YOU too.

Take your worthless opinion somewhere down the road.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us