Help with Harmon Kardon AVR 1700 air-play

Username: Prabhu

MA USA

Post Number: 6
Hello Everyone,
We recently bought an AVR-1700 from best buy. The air-play on the receiver was not working. After several calls to the customer service, we were finally able to talk to one of the reps. After trying out different settings the rep asked us to return the unit to the store and get a new one. The new unit has the same issue with the air-play - It doesn't work. We are trying to contact the customer support, but unfortunately it appears that the HK phone support just doesn't care.

So far we have checked everything related to the network and i-tunes. Everything works. We are able to use the "air-play" to play songs on Bose sound-link air system but not on the AVR 1700. AVR-1700 shows up on the local network. We are able to use the HK i-phone app for remote control. The unit has a Mac address and we are able to play songs from Vtuner. Its just the Air-play function that doesn't work.

If anyone here has been able to troubleshoot this issue, please share it with us.

Thank you,

Prabhu

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16752
Hi Prabhu!

If you use a rooter with a 5 Ghz network switch it to 2,5 Ghz and this problem could be gone.

MA USA

Post Number: 7
Thank you Plymouth. I will try that.

Currently I am able to use the airplay function with Bose speakers using my current router. Also, I am able to use Harmon media manager to play songs from my computer on the reciever. (But harmon media manager is extremely slow).

I will give it a try and let you know if it worked.

Thanks

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16753
You can also try a new IP Adress, if the Ip adress is occupied by another component it will fail, but the problem of HK seem to be with the 5 Ghz.

Even at 2,5 Ghz all of your componants are going to work.

MA USA

Post Number: 8
Hi Plymouth,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Initially I had a modem with integrated 5Ghz wireless router. I installed an older modem and 2.4GHz wireless router I had from a previous set-up and airplay works now with no problems....

If you are in home audio business, your company and customers are lucky to have a person with solid technical understanding....I wish Harman has someone like you in their tech support group....it is frustrating that they made me return my previous unit without knowing what the issue was...

Thanks again,

Prabhu

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16754
Happy to hear it work now!

The audio is my hobby, but I'm a tech in very sophisticate equipments where I work very often with networking.

Unfortunatly technical support of many companies employs communicator who answers with ready made answers, usualy those person are not tech!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us