Dynaudio X16 vs Focus 160

Username: Berniew

Perth, Western Aust... Australia

Post Number: 3
Hi,

Regarding Dynaudio Excite X16's versus Focus 160's:

Can anyone please tell me what difference I can expect in sound between these models? Assuming everything else in the system is exactly the same, including the room and how I position the speakers, what's the difference in performance between X16's and Focus 160's (or, if you prefer, Focus 140's, the old model)?

Sonically, what characteristics in particular would I notice? Can anyone say "how much" better one is than the other?

Is there much difference between the components in these models? It seems to me the drivers and cabinets are pretty similar, so what about the crossovers? What's the biggest physical difference?

I've already bought the X16's. It's just that to me, they seem reasonably similar, based on reviews and listening (not on the same day) so that's without being able to make a proper comparison. The X16's are about half the price of F160's here in Australia. I chose them because they seem about equivalent, and I wanted 160's but couldn't afford them. If they perform anywhere near comparably to the 160's then for the price I've done pretty well. What do you guys think? Have I been hasty and should I have shopped around more, or is this a reasonable choice?

I'd especially love to hear from someone who's owned both, but whatever.

Thanks in advance
BW

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 15951
Not many folks who have owned them both. I own the Excite X12 andit's a wonderful speaker. I understand that the Focus 160 is quite a bit better than either the older Focus series or the Excites. You have to out and listen for yourself. Audioaficionado has a Dynaudio forume that you may want to try. Never know, perhaps someone there has tried them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us