Help me pick speakers!

Username: Txbikegrrl

Post Number: 1
So I've been waiting 5 years to get speaker for our living room. It is prewired for surround sound and my partner loves to watch movies so I'm going to get a whole system. I was trying to decide between a several receivers and he wants the DenonAVR3313C for some technical aspects so we are set on that I guess.

As for speakers, good friends of ours have B&W one of the 800 series. After I heard those I was set on getting a lower end of the same brand. Now that we have some money saved up I went out and listened to the 600 series. It was really good, but I'm wondering what else I should go listen to, for comparison's sake.

What I am thinking about getting is the 683 with ASW608 subwoofer and HTM62 center channel. in wall (ceiling) speakers. Although I'm debating if this is "too much" and I should just with the bookshelf (685) speakers and the M1 for enter?

What other speakers should I consider? I know individual preference is important but I work 60+ hours per week and have 2 small children so I don't have a ton of time to listen to all the good possibilities. If it helps I have a 22 year old pair of EPIs that I still think sound okay, I hate the BOSE sound and listen to crap 80s music, classical violin and piano as well as jazz/blues and dance music like Kascade or Pitbull, etc.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17405

Given your music tastes and the idea you are locked and loaded on the Denon, I would at least give a listen to some JBL's and some Klispch. If they are available in your area, Monitor Audio would also be a suggestion. All will be more kind to and certainly more forgiving of the Denon amplifier's virtues and vices IMO.

Post Number: 2
Thanks!

Post Number: 4
Okay now I may move the old speakers downstairs and try to build a surround sound system around them. Possible? They are EPI, pretty sure Series 3 something 120?

I would be getting very small speakers for my upstairs enjoyment. I have started two new threads...

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17426

My answer is in the second thread.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2018

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17436

Why, thank you, james.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2024
You're very welcome Jan. Here's another.

Username: Jasmine26

Post Number: 1
You can take buying guide help which will provide the perfect speakers information for you.I recomme

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us