Amp advice needed for EPOS M15.2 floorstanders

Username: Maxjoseph22

LONDON, Alabama United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a pair of epos m15.2 floorstanding speakers and I'm looking to upgrade my amp so I can do them justice. (My old amp was an ancient Cambridge P40). My budget is around £300 and I mostly use the speakers to play vinyl so the amp will have to come with a phono stage. I've already had a look around and was recommended by Superfi the Rotel RA-04SE, which looks and sounds pretty nice. I've also been looking at some second hand amps, notably an old Cyrus Straight Line for around £220. This doesn't have a phono stage so I'd have to buy a budget pre amp for that, perhaps the Cambridge Azur 640C.
I'd say the most important factor for me is an amp which provides good solid bass, and something which can really drive the M15.2s as I've heard they are a little inefficient.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am a bit of a Hi-fi novice at the moment.}

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 15368
Have you looked into a used Creek? They have a special synergy with the Epos speakers and so that is where I'd look first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us