Archive through May 19, 2011

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4546
Man, I have had ZERO time for enjoying music lately. Way too busy! The Mac was doing HT duties (driving the Sierras) but with the new stand there's no room for such a behemoth. Probably be moving back downstairs to the 2 channel rig over the holidays. Still got the Stingray too.....

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 3373
Very nice. Yeah I hear ya on the time problem. Same here as well. No time for anything extra...

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 884
Some pics of the current set up:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 885
Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 886
And finally some pics of the Castle Avon:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13725
Love the Tannoy's. How do they sound?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4571
Nice pics Dan. How far down do the Tannoys reach?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 887
Thanks guys! The camera picks up a lot of the brown in the Tannoy finish. It's probably the bright flash. In person the brown doesn't pop out quite as much.

The Tannoys sound great! More open and natural than my Quads (though I have yet to try the Quads with the LFD bi-wire speaker cable). The Quads go deeper for sure, and sometimes I miss that in the Tannoys, but most of the time it does not feel like bass is lacking. It's surprising how much bass a small speaker like this can output, and the stands have a lot to do with it. They were partially filled by my dealer. The sense of PRaT right now is the biggest improvement over where I was not long ago. I don't want to blame the 12L2 for that, as it did not benefit from the improved set up that the Tannoys have enjoyed. I will move the Quads back into the system in a month or two, just to hear how the sound changes.

But the Tannoys sound so good, that even if I feel I'd prefer a bigger speaker, I might trade the speakers that I have for the Tannoy DC6 floorstander. We'll see - still have to put the Avon through it's paces later on this winter.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 15678
I canne make the pics small enough to fit here.
New pics are of the new house under reno

Shall try again

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4592
They really need update the software on this forum.

CGI scripts were neat back in 1995.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15680
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ecoustics.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15681
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ecoustics.com

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 899
You could set up a Photobucket account and upload the pics to a public folder. It's free and you can add large pics. Then you can post a link to the folder.

I agree the tiny pics suck (I guess they don't look thaaaaaaaaat bad). I have a Photobucket account, I don't believe I've set up a public folder, but I've posted my pics on the Audio Review forum, with Photobucket as the hosting site. Looks much nicer than they do here.

A good program for editing (shrinking) pics is Nero Photosnap. At least the version that came with Nero 8. Super fast and easy, I can do a bunch of pictures really quick. To lay down the money for the Nero suite though, you probably will want to use more than just this part of the program. If you create your own DVDs and burn discs I think it's a well worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2011
THE #1 choice for photo edit duties?
Photoshop Elements. Period.
Compatible with the CS series and you can get mac or pc versions.
Shrink pictures? by pixels or inches/cm.
Decide on resolution 300dpi for prints, 72dpi for monitor and than save as any of 10 levels of JPG.....or whatever, depending on what you start with.
Personally, I use RAW files and leave them that way until the final conversion to JPG if I want to print somewhere or a format with 16bit color....like TIFF, which my printer drivers will handle if I'm printing at home.
If I use Costco, I'll even attach their published color profile. These come back really good.
I use Gutenprint drivers which just kill the Epson drivers. I can make a near-exact color match to my monitor (calibrated) with no fuss.

DO NOT use Microsoft Picture It! if it even still exists. It saved in a proprietary format which not even Photoshop could open. I could find NO convertor for it, either. Junk-ware.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4593
Microsoft? Proprietary?

Now way.

(sarcasm, BTW)

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13798
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Silver Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 204
Anyone still using MS Photo Viewer should download Faststone....it's free and infinitely better. Full screen viewer, better navigation, and some limited editing tools. I only use Photoshop (Adobe Camera Raw) for the heavy stuff, like editing the 10-25mb Raw files from my cameras, and even then I still use Faststone for previewing.

They have a batch resizer as well, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you have a lot of files to do. The viewer's resizing should work fine.

http://www.faststone.org/

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 900
I'd use Photoshop if I was serious about photography. But it's just a little too pricey for anyone that isn't, IMO.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3408
Photoshop Elements is the best. If you want something simple and free I think one of the better one is :

http://picasa.google.com/

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4594
I use Picassa too. The online photo album app is really cool

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4331
Updated pics...

Best shot of the Rega DAC that I could get -

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13868
Looks cool, Stu! Lovely in silver I might add.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4625
Nice Stu!

I just bought something today too :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4332
Thanks guys. The Rega DAC is the least photogenic piece I've seen. Not that it can compete with a McIntosh piece in the looks department, but what else can?

The Rega logo on the bottom left is backlight red, as are the rest of the lights. Very cool looking IMO. The B60 looks a lot shinier in pics than it is too. It's a soft brushed aluminum. The whole thing looks great in person. I saw a silver aluminum faceplate on Amazon for my Xbox 360 for about $10. Very tempting.

David -

I saw, actually read, that you finally got the W4S DAC. Take some pics!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 925
The DAC looks great amongst the other silver faced gear, Stu.

I used to think Bryston gear was ugly, but they are much nicer looking in person than in photos.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4628
I think a nicer way of describing the look of Bryston stuff is "utilitarian"

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 926
I agree - utilitarian for sure. Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best (nicer). Bryston isn't so much nice as it means business! In any case, pictures simply do not capture the quality of build that is evident in real life.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4629
LOL, good point Dan. Calling Bryston "nice" is definitely a misnomer. It wants to slap me upside the head, in a good way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4338
With Bryston, I think it depends on the individual piece. With their new stuff, I think silver definitely looks better. The amps look very cool, as do the smaller preamps and integrated. I think they're a bit ugly in black though. The BP16/B100/surround preamp (all the same case) are pretty ugly in any color IMO. The new B60 is one of my favorite looking pieces too. I like the milled Bryston logo on the silver stuff, but somehow I don't think it works on the black gear. Weird, I know.

My favorite looking stuff is McIntosh by far. No contest IMO. Naim stuff may be second, different, but very cool looking.

The Manley Stingray looks really cool too. Not the biggest fan of the looks of their other stuff though.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4640
Bryston gear is fun to listen to, not so much to look at. The big handles help to make it more interesting to look at (friends come over and see the handles and say "wow, that has handles, must be heavy").

The Manley Snapper monos look super cool Stu! You don't like those? The Mahi's are basically a Stingray sliced in half.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13886
I like the look of a simple British integrated. LFD, Sonneteer, Naim, Sugden and so on. In that tradition your B60, Stu, looks fantastic to my eyes. Least favorite, the gawdy looks of the Mac gear. Like a loud belch at a formal dinner it sticks out in a less than flattering way. We all have our preferences, no.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13888
FWIW I really like Mac gear...just not my favorite stuff to look at.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4641
I don't so much mind the look of Mac gear, it's more the price tag (new) of the stuff that freaks me out.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13889
I can't afford new Mac and even if I could I can think of a whole lot of gear I'd rather have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4339
Visually, it doesn't get better than ss Mac and the previous generation Sonus Faber to my eyes. No idea why they changed the looks of the new Sonus Fabers. Seems like they eliminated what set them apart.

I guess we all have different decorating tastes. I'm more of an old school guy. Gotta check what's on HGTV...

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13894
Actually we watch HGTV more than any other channel. It's usually going with the volume down even when I'm listening to music.

I prefer modern but can't afford it. About the best I can hope for is contemporary. Have you seen the new Hegel integrated, now that's beautiful. Simple and elegant. Among my favorites are the black and silver Sonneteers.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 933
I think Naim looks best. Very simple and elegant, and it also feels well made. I like the look of Exposure's gear too, again a very basic no-frills design, but the one thing I'd change is the input selector which feels a little on the cheap side (it has no resistance at all, and you can easily pass by the input you select).

Some LFD looks great, others not so much. For example, the Zero LE MkIV, I think they could have finished it a little nicer. Though when you start playing around with the controls, they are so smooth that you realize how well made it all is. Frankly I'm not crazy about the look of many SimAudio components...though I find in person they also look better than in pictures. I don't like the old school clock radio style displays either.

Linn and Unison Research also make some of the best looking gear, IMO.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13896
The Sugden A21SE is a gorgeous piece, especially in person.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 936
Agreed. The A21a is almost just as good (and more in my price range, especially used). Similar as far as styling goes. While it's clear I like the look of British integrateds like Art, I also like the look of Mac quite a lot. And Audio Research too. Though if I had to choose I would take the understated elegance of British gear.

Rega CD players look great too...maybe the best look players on the market.

As far as budget gear, I really liked the look of last generation Rotel.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13897
I also like the last gen of Rotel, present not so much. I really like the look of the current generation of NAD's...elegant...uh no...utilitarian, pretty much. Don't care for the look of the Cambridge pieces.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4342
Somehow, I think Rotel fell off the map with their latest gear. I haven't seen much talk about it, if any. I think Cambridge took over a lot of their market share. The current Rotel gear is pretty ugly. I liked the way the previous generation looked.

Plinius also makes some great looking gear IMO.

One piece that I think is pretty ugly yet pretty cool at the same time is the Halcro amps.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4642
Rotel failed, in my opinion, because they went the Class D route and priced themselves out of the market. They had a niche in the affordable market category, along with NAD and Rotel but once the prices went up, you might as well step up to the next level for not much money.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 2425
I'm not getting the "gawdy"?

Upload
MC-240 Left
Upload
MR71 Tuner
Upload
MC-240 Right

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4643
That your stuff Mike?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13904
Those are nice pieces, Mike. I invite you to visit Audio Aficionado...home of the most enthusiastic Mac fans I know.

Again, all things relative to personal taste will be subjective and we each have our preferences. Most here hated the look of John DeVore's Oragutan speaker when I posted it last year. Again we all have preferences and I say mine just as everyone else does. I'm not fond of the look of Mac gear. Some pieces are nicer than others but most aren't my cup. So be it.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3431
I bet those 240's haul though. Nice pics Mike. Is that a MAC tuner? Hard to tell from the pic.

Gold Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1255
Beautiful pieces, Mike.

To both the eye and the ear!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15690
Art, your opinion of Mac look and sound is shared by zillions of folks indeed.
Sounds lovely, but too clunky.

I love it, of course. It's like driving an ugly car. Yeah, it is an Aztek, but it never breaks and gets great mileage. haha

Speakers the same.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13931
I wish you hadn't used the Aztek as an example...lol! Very poor service history as I understand it. I drove one once and it wasn't all that bad, except the looks from folks wondering...why?!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 987
The current setup...credenza moved over to the other corner, with the system stand moved over to a much more accessible area, and it's also now clearly in view while sitting in the listening chair. The latest addition is the Oppo BDP-93.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14103
Nice pics, Dan. The Wave is a pretty open cable.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 989
Amazing what a difference it made, Art. I wasn't expecting much, then I sit down and press play, and whoa!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16703
somebody couldnt wait to get the oppo 93 at a great price.....compared to the 95 that is

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4690
Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4691
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4692
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4693
Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4694
and... that's all for now folks.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14153
Some Rega wh ore just picked up an Elicit! Good golly miss molly, how ya diggin' it? Certainly looks cool!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4698
Oh man Art! It sounds good!

Taking a break from the tube thing for a bit, and I'm really quite surprised how good this little amp sounds.

I got it 2 days ago, and was sitting down in the rec room with my wife, who is by no means an audio-nut (but by now knows what sounds good and what doesn't) and commented "it sounds really warm".

It does sound warm, and very smooth, but has that solid state attack that sounds good with the kind of music I like.

So far very happy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4368
Did you sell off the Stingray, or did it get moved elsewhere?

Have you heard about Manley's price increase?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14156
I'm curious as to what you did with the Stingray as well. You were pretty stable for a while, David and then the amps started going round and round. I totally understand though...sometimes you have to listen to a lot of stuff to get to where you want to be.

Both my primary and HT systems have taken some changes in the last 2 days as well.

I decided I wanted more flexibility than the Alabaster could give me so I moved it on. Great sound and I'll miss it. Next move in the next year or two will be to buy a top flight full featured integrated. Could be a Sonneteer Orton, if they ever get a supportive dealer network in place. Without that I will never buy another product of any kind...and one dealer ain't a network. I will also look at some Japanese amps such as Luxman, Accuphase and Leben as well as taking a closer look at McIntosh.

For now I have my NAD C326BEE loomed up with $2300 in van den Hul cables and you wouldn't believe how little it sounds like a $399 refurb amp. I picked up the new REL T5 sub to go with the Harbeths and the sound is way, way better than I expected. I'm actually blown away. The NAD has PRaT in spades...and a friggin remote, go figure.

The new REL T5 is by far my favorite REL sub and actually my favorite sub of all time for music. It flat out kills my REL R205 (which retailed for double the price). Kurt at Echo says that REL will be discontinuing the T3 because the T5 out performs it at $200 less. Kurt believes this is the most exciting product he has brought in to his store in sometime.

I also updated my faithful but long in the tooth Yamaha RX-V657 (the oldest piece of gear I own at 5 yrs) with a new Marantz SR5005.

Much fun to be had!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4699
Yup, I was pretty stable with the Stingray for a long time, maybe the longest time I've had an amp. I really loved the amp, but a couple of things got to me.

1) the lack of remote
2) after awhile I just couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted to

The Manley is very solid gear, and very, very well built, and at the price I got mine at is a bargain, but at the new market price a Stingray is going for (5k!), no... not worth it.

I really enjoyed my Stingray while I had it. In fact, of the 4 tube amps I've owned, it was by far the best one.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4700
Oh yeah, one more cool thing I just found out tonight - my Cambridge Audio remote for the 650C also controls the volume on the Rega. Woot! Life is good.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14157
Actually I meant your were pretty stable before the Cambridge/Mac/Jolida/Manley affair. You've been searching for a sound and I hope you have found it.

BTW, I thought I was a hair shirt guy...not so much. Give me a f..king remote and a good sub...just sayin'!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4701
I've been through a crazy amount of 2 channel gear in the last 3-4 years art. A few pieces that really stand out for me (in my limited memory):

The Bryston combo I had (BP-20 and PP-120s.... really good).

The Jolida 502 - I probably would have kept to this day too, if it hadn't committed premature hari-kari, as Jolida are prone to do. With upgraded Gold Lion KT88 the amp was awesome, but made a lot of noise and ultimately stopped working.

I also had a chi-fi 300B SET amp that was pretty sweet but not really suited to listening to metal. Obviously.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15691
Looking good Dave!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1003
Congrats, David. Did you get that from a dealer who was selling it used on CAM? I briefly considered grabbing it, because the price was excellent. It looks sweet. A Rega DAC should work really nice with the Elicit.

Gold Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 1282
Nice Dave. When are you moving it all into the new room ?

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4704
Yeah Dan, that was the one for sale on CAM. Turns out the dealer is a guy that Nick knows, so I was pretty confident buying it from him. He also gave me a price I was pretty comfortable with.

The room still isn't ready Chris, lol. Been painting this week, hopefully done this weekend.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4705
I think the Rega DAC may be my next purchase. Waiting till Nick gets one and see what he thinks.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3445
Looks good David. Hope to have the Rega DAC within the next month. As soon as my basement is done.lol Ziing.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3454
I have a system again!!! The Basement is about 95 percent complete with just minor stuff to put back into place. System is installed of course. Room looks so much better in person than captured on camera. Someone will have to teach me how to use this damn Nikon one day.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Wow, gotta clean the drywall dust off the stove and tile.
Upload
Ava changing up the tunes.
Upload
Who said Dads couldn't do pony tails? lol
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4722
Nice man!! Looks a lot different than last time I was there. Wow. Daddys little girl is getting big too :-) I can't decide who she looks more like. I'm gonna have to say Mom.

How's all the gear working out for you?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14299
Looks great, Nick...think I see a rug rat too...lol!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3455
Thx David. yeah I like the new look a lot better. So does D.

Yeah she is one year May 11th, oh she definitely looks more like Danielle for sure.lol Although she is changing every few weeks. I would say when she was born til about 6 months she was 100 percent Danielle. Now shes like 40, 60.

Paradigm Studio 10's are a really nice sounding little speaker. Positioning and stand filling is key to squeeze out the extra needed bass. Huge soundstage side to side. They are good up to about 15 feet away then you lose like 25 percent of the sound. I am sitting 12 feet away with great results. Gonna let them break in and see if how I like them.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3456
lol Art- thx. Yeah she loves the new Stainmaster carpet. We got the sound dampening memory foam underlay for the little extra so it feels like your walking on a cloud. Ava loves it. Our house was in dyer need of a comfortable room as the whole house is hardwood, vinyl and laminate. It makes for a very good sounding room.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4394
Great job with the room, Nick. Looks a lot better than it used to.

Your daughter is adorable. Almost as adorable as mine

But in all seriousness, time flies when you're having fun. My little girl's growing up so fast too. I was looking at a pic on my iPhone of Kim holding her when she was a few weeks old, then looked at a pic that was unintentionally the same pic, but now at almost 5 months old. We both couldn't believe how much she grew in such a short time.

We've got the opposite of you as far as who our daughter looks like - Kathryn looks exactly like me (except she's very cute), and hardly anything like Kim. She's got her mother's eyes, but that's pretty much it. If I went on Maury, I'd get laughed off the stage.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3457
Thx Stu. The whole house is almost complete. Yeah its amazing just how fast they grow up and change too. Ava's looks change every few weeks and her motor skills are really starting to take off now. She says Daddy, mommy, doggy, Bryston (lol my dogs name) and is constantly grabbing stuff and saying ' Whats That?' lol. Shes almost walking too. Is Kathryn crawling yet? Getting into everything yet?lol At 5 months man it wont be long. Just wait. You got your Yara stands filled so their nice and heavy?lol. TIMBRREEEEEErrrrr CRASH! lol j/k.

lol Good ol Maury. Stu...You ARE!! The father!!!

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2246
I see you installed a pull-down screen. Any reason you didn't go fixed frame to avoid waves?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Canada

Post Number: 2247
Nice room, I forgot to say. The panelling adds a nice finish.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3466
Hey P, sorry bud I missed your message.

Its the same model as their electric one but I had RedBall get it for me without the motor and as just a pull down. At the time I had cats so I wanted something I could put back up. Eventually I will upgrade to a Stewart screen but I think I will upgrade the Projo first. My bulb is getting up near the 1000hr mark and when it goes its new Projector time.

Thanks for the compliment too P. I must say looking back at the pictures posted, the room looks far better in person. The flash on the camera picks up where everyone is walking on the carpet and bumps in the drywall. I did a bunch of added touch ups just recently too but will wait til I have my new speakers to post pics again.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4736
Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4737
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3469
Awesome! lol Love the cat. If I found my beloved pet sleeping on my amp I would probably skin it and feed it to the coons. lol Jussst kidding. No Im not! haha

That DAC makes me want to take back things I never even stole.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1028
You've spent a bit of time with it now...how are you liking the Elicit, Dave?

Congrats on the BDA-1. Meant to post in that thread but it slipped my mind.. I really dug the Bryston sound when I heard the B-100SST with the BCD-1 last year. I can only imagine what you've got sounds just as good.

I'll have to throw up some pics of the Rega DAC and Simaudio gear. Got the pics, just gotta get them on the PC and edit them.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14393
Looks good, Dave. There is a recent thread over at Hoffman about a guy who's cat puked in his amp...just sayin'!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4744
Haha! Yikes?

We were awoken the other morning by my daughter who said she "stepped in something" in the hallway. Yup, it was cat puke.

Good thing it wasn't on the amp.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24738
Yup! My cat does as well. Mine is a long haired domestic so you know she leaves "presents" all over the place in the AM.

Hairball attack in short:

8:20 am. Eats.
8:22 am. Contractions start in a rhythmic motion, regardless of location the animal holds its' ground until pumping action is complete.
8:23 am. Projectile has left the animal, without any concern of owner's valuables.
8:23 am + 4 seconds. Animal stares at pile, instantly decides it's about to explode and bolts immediately from vicinity.

8:30 am. Animal is cleaning itself in the sun by the back door while quietly wondering why it's still hungry.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24739
BTW, nice basement Nick K and cute kid!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 3478
lol Thx Paul!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2334
Paul,
don't vet approved hairball treatments exist? I know some home remidies exist, too.
Do you ever brush that poor animal?

I had 2 head of cat. The big orange one LOVED being flea combed and would come running. The other? not so much. I had to find it and struggle to remove fleas. Taking the carpet out of the house was the single best anti-flea thing EVER. within a month, both animals were flealess.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1379
I prefer carpet, it's "warmer" lol! But it sure has a lot of drawbacks. It stains easily, absorbs sound, harbors fleas, holds onto dirt and pet hair....

My son's cat doesn't seem to fond of brushing, but he doesn't fight it. I think he likes the end result.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14396
"Taking the carpet out of the house was the single best anti-flea thing EVER"

I have the single best solution. No pets.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1380
Art, that only works if you don't like pets! Most of us want our furry menaces!

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14397
Not exactly so, James. I like pets just fine however I've weighed the pro's and con's of having one and for me being without is preferable. I don't have to look for a pet sitter so that I can go on vacation. I don't have to walk a dog, and as responsible dog owners do, pick up the po op along the way. I don't have pet hair problems, or fleas. I don't have any thing I own destroyed by pets. Lastly I don't have to lose another one to a car and so on. If I want to pet a cat or a dog there are plenty in the neighborhood.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1381
I'll take the headaches of having a cat in the house Art. It's small price to pay for having him curl up next me or on my lap while I listen music. Since the current critter belongs to my son, the brushing, vet bills, cleaning litter box, etc are his responsibility. Win/win for me! Lol! Although we do help him out a bit.

If only all pet owners were responsible. I once saw a guy walking a great dane without a po oper scooper. The local pd had a little chat with him. Never saw that again!

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4747
I have a Great Dane SJ. I always carry a bag with me when I walk/run her. Big bags.

Really big bags.

I also have a cat who's outdoor trained. He scratches at the backdoor to go out and do his business.

I know what you mean about the cat, man. I love it when he curls up on my lap when listening to tunes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
Lol Dave! How about a super dooper po oper scooper! Or doesn't anyone those?

Letting the cat outside is not a good idea in my neighborhood. Careless drivers!

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14398
My experience is that most pet owners are not only not responsible but just downright abusive, both to their pets and their neighbors. If only responsible pet owners had pets (this could go for parents as well) then the world would be easier to live in for all of us critters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us