Need advice on choosing an amp

Username: Sleepy_biz

Post Number: 3
I'm looking for help choosing a 2 channel power amp. 200w in 4 ohms for my totem speakers. $1500 budget or so. Thanks for any advice

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1780
My suggestion: Ask Jan Vigne. He probably won't recommend one specific brand or model, but he probably knows of several models that will work well with your 4 ohm speakers. However, you should include what your priorities are in terms of volume, sound quality, etc. Also, the number of watts per channel your amp develops has little to do with the volume potential of your system or how well it will work with your speakers. The sensivity rating of your speakers will tell you more about volume. Having an ample power supply is always good, especially when dealing with a 4 ohm load. You may want to put autoformers between your amp and speakers. AFs will give your amp a consistant 8 ohm load regardless of your speaker impedence. The cheapest autoformers I've seen are $450. Something to consider.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4909
Which Totem speakers? This is kinda important because if they are Mani-2, you are going to need some bad-assed amplification.

Username: Sleepy_biz

Post Number: 4
Totem tribe 3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us